You have arrived in the LEXXVERSE where the spirit of Lexx lives on. Home


Extra, Read All About It
 Moderated by: Ketana, CheshireKat, aeonflux  

New Topic

Reply

Print
AuthorPost
Be_You_
Heretic


Joined: Wed Feb 18th, 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay, California USA
Posts: 342
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Mar 26th, 2012 05:24 pm

Quote

Reply
Dragonflygurl wrote: I have to post this here, because it's neither fun or funky.

Look what some so called humans have done to our lovely blue planet since 1945 and this is why cancer has around alot because it takes time to come out. Some the the fallout last over 24, 0000 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLCF7vPanrY&feature=related


And of course some people -- completely devoid of morals or capacity for self-analysis -- made MONEY firing off all those bombs.

"Nuclear weapon" is a misnomer except in regards to interplanetary warfare. A nuclear bomb ought to be regarded as no more useful in a battle between nations of this planet than would be a hand grenade in a battle between individuals occupying a broom closet.

Dragonflygurl
Heretic


Joined: Wed Oct 25th, 2006
Location: I'm Everywhere And No Where
Posts: 7298
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Mar 27th, 2012 02:33 am

Quote

Reply
I belong to a group that is against Nuke weapons, power etc. If an asteriod came towards our planet and they fired a nuke bomb at it, all it would do is split into bits and maybe fall to earth.

There is no place on earth for nuclear bombs.

Be_You_
Heretic


Joined: Wed Feb 18th, 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay, California USA
Posts: 342
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Tue Mar 27th, 2012 06:47 am

Quote

Reply
Yeah. Wasn't Sandia Labs* involved in projecting the possible utility of nuclear bombs to "save the planet" from a possible asteroid strike?

*a Lockheed Martin Company

Dragonflygurl
Heretic


Joined: Wed Oct 25th, 2006
Location: I'm Everywhere And No Where
Posts: 7298
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Apr 12th, 2012 12:06 am

Quote

Reply
This scares me and I don't even live there but I have friends that do.
http://enenews.com/april-milk-sample-highest

Be_You_
Heretic


Joined: Wed Feb 18th, 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay, California USA
Posts: 342
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Apr 12th, 2012 03:38 am

Quote

Reply
Ouch DFG. It *is* a bummer.

I'm not a big dairy consumer nowadays, but all along I've been indulging my California spinach habit, and I wonder -- should I ever get back into the habit of eating it -- whether there is any safe sushi? Fukushima is our modern-day above ground nuclear testing.

My parents avidly followed Linus Pauling and until we were older, my sibling and I never knew the taste of milk which hadn't been freeze-dried and reconstituted months after the Strontium 90 had had a chance to go through a few halving cycles.

Angel
Divine Executioner


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Keeping Kool With Kai...
Posts: 11441
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Apr 12th, 2012 11:36 am

Quote

Reply
Dragonflygurl wrote: This scares me and I don't even live there but I have friends that do.
http://enenews.com/april-milk-sample-highest

Geez, what are they feeding those cows, that's scary!



____________________
The dead do not squeeze and please....
Be_You_
Heretic


Joined: Wed Feb 18th, 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay, California USA
Posts: 342
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Fri Apr 20th, 2012 05:20 pm

Quote

Reply
http://www.democracynow.org/2012/4/20/exclusive_national_security_agency_whistleblower_william
Binney on Growing State Surveillance.

Last edited on Fri Apr 20th, 2012 05:21 pm by Be_You_

Dragonflygurl
Heretic


Joined: Wed Oct 25th, 2006
Location: I'm Everywhere And No Where
Posts: 7298
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Sun Apr 29th, 2012 10:39 pm

Quote

Reply
Not normal for the UK
http://www.sott.net/articles/show/244694-More-freak-weather-Tornado-rips-through-farm-in-Essex-UK

Angel
Divine Executioner


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Keeping Kool With Kai...
Posts: 11441
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Apr 30th, 2012 11:25 am

Quote

Reply
Dragonflygurl wrote: Not normal for the UK
http://www.sott.net/articles/show/244694-More-freak-weather-Tornado-rips-through-farm-in-Essex-UK

That is very unusual for the UK, glad those people were okay.  Our local news station said we might be in for it late tomorrow afternoon and tomorrow night, so I'll have to keep my eye on the weather.



____________________
The dead do not squeeze and please....
Be_You_
Heretic


Joined: Wed Feb 18th, 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay, California USA
Posts: 342
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Apr 30th, 2012 11:49 am

Quote

Reply
Dragonflygurl wrote: Not normal for the UK
http://www.sott.net/articles/show/244694-More-freak-weather-Tornado-rips-through-farm-in-Essex-UK

Around here whenever there's a twister, the news reporters never fail to poiint out how "normal" they are. I remember just four and all were in recent years

In one, an HVAC unit the size of a small pickup truck was lifted from the roof of a low-rise industrial building and relocated to the parking lot. Another time, an SUV was thrown through the front of someone's house.

Dragonflygurl
Heretic


Joined: Wed Oct 25th, 2006
Location: I'm Everywhere And No Where
Posts: 7298
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu May 24th, 2012 05:11 pm

Quote

Reply
I always knew that onions were good for you as well as garlic not never knew why but also they are bad for you.  It's long read  but well worth it. 

PLEASE READ TO THE END: IMPORTANT...

In 1919 when the flu killed 40 million people there was this Doctor that visited the many farmers to see if he could help them combat the flu... Many of the farmers and their families had contracted it and many died.


The doctor came upon this one farmer and to his surprise, everyone was very healthy. When the doctor asked what the farmer was doing that was different the wife replied that she had placed an unpeeled onion in a dish in the rooms of the home, (probably only two rooms back then). The doctor couldn't believe it and asked if he could have one of the onions and place it under the microscope. She gave him one and when he did this, he did find the flu virus in the onion. It obviously absorbed the bacteria, therefore, keeping the family healthy.


Now, I heard this story from my hairdresser...

She said that several years ago, many of her employees were coming down with the flu, and so were many of her customers. The next year she placed several bowls with onions around in her shop. To her surprise, none of her staff got sick. It must work. Try it and see what happens. We did it last year and we never got the flu.
~~~~
Now there is a P. S. to this for I sent it to a friend in Oregon who
regularly contributes material to me on health issues. She replied with this most interesting experience about onions:

Thanks for the reminder. I don't know about the farmer's story... but, I do know that I contacted pneumonia and, needless to say, I was very ill.

I came across an article that said to cut both ends off an onion put it into an empty jar, and place the jar next to the sick patient at night. It said the onion would be black in the morning from the germs...sure enough it happened just like that...the onion was a mess and I began to feel better.

Another thing I read in the article was that onions and garlic placed around the room saved many from the black plague years ago. They have powerful antibacterial, antiseptic properties.


* This is the other note*


Lots of times when we have stomach problems we don't know what to blame. Maybe it's the onions that are to blame. Onions absorb bacteria is the reason they are so good at preventing us

from getting colds and flu and is the very reason we shouldn't eat an onion that has been sitting for a time after it has been cut open.

***LEFT OVER ONIONS ARE POISONOUS***


I had the wonderful privilege of touring Mullins Food Products, Makers of mayonnaise. Questions about food poisoning came up, and I wanted to share

what I learned from a chemist. Ed, who was our tour guide, is a food chemistry whiz. During the tour, someone asked if we really needed to worry about mayonnaise. People are always worried that mayonnaise will spoil. Ed's answer will surprise you. Ed said
that all commercially-made mayo is completely safe.

"It doesn't even have to be refrigerated. No harm in refrigerating it, but it's not really necessary." He explained that the pH in mayonnaise is set at a point that bacteria could not survive in that environment. He then talked about the summer picnic, with the bowl of potato salad sitting on the table, and how everyone blames the mayonnaise when someone gets sick. Ed says that, when food poisoning is reported, the first thing the officials look for is when the 'victim' last ate ONIONS and where those onions came from

(in the potato salad?). Ed says it's not the mayonnaise (as long as it's not homemade mayo) that spoils in the outdoors. It's probably the ONIONS, and if not the onions, it's the POTATOES.

He explained onions are a huge magnet for bacteria, especially uncooked onions. You should never plan to keep a portion of a sliced onion.. He says it's not even safe if you put it in a zip-lock bag and put it in your refrigerator. It's already contaminated enough just by being cut open and out for a bit, that it can be a danger to you (and doubly watch out for those onions you put in your hotdogs at the baseball park!).

Ed says if you take the leftover onion and cook it like crazy you'll probably be okay, but if you slice that leftover onion and put on your sandwich, you're asking for trouble. Both the onions and the moist potato in a potato salad, will attract and grow bacteria faster than any commercial mayonnaise will even begin to break down.

***Also, dogs should never eat onions. Their stomachs cannot metabolize onions***


Please remember it is dangerous to cut an onion and try to use it to cook the next day, it becomes highly poisonous for even a single night and creates toxic bacteria which may cause adverse stomach infections because of excess bile secretions and even food poisoning.


Please pass this on to all you love and care about.




Be_You_
Heretic


Joined: Wed Feb 18th, 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay, California USA
Posts: 342
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jul 4th, 2012 10:59 pm

Quote

Reply
Higgs boson news:

http://press.web.cern.ch/press/PressReleases/Releases2012/PR17.12E.html

Last edited on Wed Jul 4th, 2012 11:00 pm by Be_You_

Be_You_
Heretic


Joined: Wed Feb 18th, 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay, California USA
Posts: 342
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Thu Jul 5th, 2012 02:52 pm

Quote

Reply
Won't Wist be disappointed.

"Nobody's clean-clean": Barclay's libor-fixing scandal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18671255

Be_You_
Heretic


Joined: Wed Feb 18th, 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay, California USA
Posts: 342
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Wed Jul 11th, 2012 02:52 am

Quote

Reply
Dragonflygurl wrote: I always knew that onions were good for you as well as garlic not never knew why but also they are bad for you.  It's long read  but well worth it. 

PLEASE READ TO THE END: IMPORTANT...

In 1919 when the flu killed 40 million people there was this Doctor that visited the many farmers to see if he could help them combat the flu... Many of the farmers and their families had contracted it and many died.


The doctor came upon this one farmer and to his surprise, everyone was very healthy. When the doctor asked what the farmer was doing that was different the wife replied that she had placed an unpeeled onion in a dish in the rooms of the home, (probably only two rooms back then). The doctor couldn't believe it and asked if he could have one of the onions and place it under the microscope. She gave him one and when he did this, he did find the flu virus in the onion. It obviously absorbed the bacteria, therefore, keeping the family healthy.


Now, I heard this story from my hairdresser...

She said that several years ago, many of her employees were coming down with the flu, and so were many of her customers. The next year she placed several bowls with onions around in her shop. To her surprise, none of her staff got sick. It must work. Try it and see what happens. We did it last year and we never got the flu.
~~~~
Now there is a P. S. to this for I sent it to a friend in Oregon who
regularly contributes material to me on health issues. She replied with this most interesting experience about onions:

Thanks for the reminder. I don't know about the farmer's story... but, I do know that I contacted pneumonia and, needless to say, I was very ill.

I came across an article that said to cut both ends off an onion put it into an empty jar, and place the jar next to the sick patient at night. It said the onion would be black in the morning from the germs...sure enough it happened just like that...the onion was a mess and I began to feel better.

Another thing I read in the article was that onions and garlic placed around the room saved many from the black plague years ago. They have powerful antibacterial, antiseptic properties.


* This is the other note*


Lots of times when we have stomach problems we don't know what to blame. Maybe it's the onions that are to blame. Onions absorb bacteria is the reason they are so good at preventing us

from getting colds and flu and is the very reason we shouldn't eat an onion that has been sitting for a time after it has been cut open.

***LEFT OVER ONIONS ARE POISONOUS***


I had the wonderful privilege of touring Mullins Food Products, Makers of mayonnaise. Questions about food poisoning came up, and I wanted to share

what I learned from a chemist. Ed, who was our tour guide, is a food chemistry whiz. During the tour, someone asked if we really needed to worry about mayonnaise. People are always worried that mayonnaise will spoil. Ed's answer will surprise you. Ed said
that all commercially-made mayo is completely safe.

"It doesn't even have to be refrigerated. No harm in refrigerating it, but it's not really necessary." He explained that the pH in mayonnaise is set at a point that bacteria could not survive in that environment. He then talked about the summer picnic, with the bowl of potato salad sitting on the table, and how everyone blames the mayonnaise when someone gets sick. Ed says that, when food poisoning is reported, the first thing the officials look for is when the 'victim' last ate ONIONS and where those onions came from

(in the potato salad?). Ed says it's not the mayonnaise (as long as it's not homemade mayo) that spoils in the outdoors. It's probably the ONIONS, and if not the onions, it's the POTATOES.

He explained onions are a huge magnet for bacteria, especially uncooked onions. You should never plan to keep a portion of a sliced onion.. He says it's not even safe if you put it in a zip-lock bag and put it in your refrigerator. It's already contaminated enough just by being cut open and out for a bit, that it can be a danger to you (and doubly watch out for those onions you put in your hotdogs at the baseball park!).

Ed says if you take the leftover onion and cook it like crazy you'll probably be okay, but if you slice that leftover onion and put on your sandwich, you're asking for trouble. Both the onions and the moist potato in a potato salad, will attract and grow bacteria faster than any commercial mayonnaise will even begin to break down.

***Also, dogs should never eat onions. Their stomachs cannot metabolize onions***


Please remember it is dangerous to cut an onion and try to use it to cook the next day, it becomes highly poisonous for even a single night and creates toxic bacteria which may cause adverse stomach infections because of excess bile secretions and even food poisoning.


Please pass this on to all you love and care about.






DFG, I read this when you posted it and wasnt' sure what I thought. I'm still quite dubious about the onion story, though I'll admit I haven't researched it further. When cooking on my boat (sans refridgeration, etc.) I have not infrequently kept half onions around and used them later. This despite reading (in regards to the canning process and in particular canning products) that onions and garlic are especially prone to spoilage and harboring bacteria and such.

It has always seemed that depending on the moisture content -- just like with lemons -- the cut onions will either dry out and (it seemed to me) turn into basically dried onions, or they will go all mushy and get moldy. Looking back, I can't say I've noticed any association between eating old cut onions and getting sick -- at least not the way I associate sanding fiberglass without a dust mask (I know! stupid stupid stupid) and getting sick.

I will say that I've read about mayonnaise and have learned to completely disregard the refrigeration warning on the jars. I've kept mayonnaise on my boat for *months* and *months* without refridgeration and as long as it is kept below 80 degrees fahrenheit (at which point it will start to get a bit weird) there is absolutely no problem... but with one important caveat: it is imperitive that dirty spoons or particles of other foodstuffs are never introduced into the mayo. Anything that is added to it will potentially change the Ph in a localized manner and might cause sickness. (Why *do* people -- nobody here I hope -- put dirty spoons in mayonnaise anyhow?)

I swear I once found an article on the Mayo Clinic website about this -- which, of course has no actual relation to mayonnaise -- but I can't find it now. Also I read that studies showed that given bowls of egg salad, eggs, tuna salad, tuna, and pure mayonnaise all left out in the open on a summers day, these things spoil dangerously inversely with regard to how much mayonaise they contain; completely the opposite of what many of us were told when we were young. The first things to spoil are the eggs and tuna, then the tuna and egg salads, with the mayo not going bad at all. Mayo is a preservative.

 

 

Angel
Divine Executioner


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Keeping Kool With Kai...
Posts: 11441
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 Posted: Mon Aug 6th, 2012 12:05 pm

Quote

Reply
NASA's Rover lands safely on Mars...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48511087/ns/technology_and_science-space/



____________________
The dead do not squeeze and please....

 Current time is 08:13 pm
Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  104  ...  Next Page Last Page  


Quick Reply
Enter your quick reply:



Black_metal theme exclusively by: WowBB Theme Mall
Powered by WowBB 1.7 - Copyright © 2003-2006 Aycan Gulez
SciFi Updates