You have arrived in the LEXXVERSE where the spirit of Lexx lives on. Home

 Moderated by: Ketana, CheshireKat, aeonflux  
AuthorPost
Lexx75965
Heretic


Joined: Fri Nov 14th, 2008
Location: Nacogdoches, Texas USA
Posts: 5
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 I love this show the lexx, but why did they have to kill kie off in the end. Are they ever going to make anymore lexx shows at all. That would be great if they could do that. Somehow they could bring back kie. He can't just die like that. Anyway I hope they would make more lexx shows. If anyone knows if they might do this, please let me know. Thank you.

bunnyfan
Heretic


Joined: Tue May 6th, 2008
Location: On The Set Of Lexx Season 5
Posts: 115
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
Unlikely, but we can always dream.  Welcome to the forum :)

Angel
Divine Executioner


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Keeping Kool With Kai...
Posts: 11442
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
Hi Lexx75965, welcome to Lexxverse.

They killed Kai in the end to come full circle, so that he could truly have his death after being an animated corpse for 6000 years, sad though it was.

People were speculating for a very long time, wondering if Lexx would ever come back, but it was ended the way the creator wanted, and Paul Donovan sold the rights to Alliance Atlantis, who since sold them to CanWest. It was never even marketed by Aliiance Atlantis, and CanWest has done nothing with it, Scifi channel in the U.S. hasn't even aired it in quite awhile either, so maybe their rights to even air it have ended, and they obvbiously haven't picked them back up. So sadly, that is the end of Lexx. What we got, is what we got. And it was amazing.

Ketana
Divine Assassin


Joined: Wed Oct 25th, 2006
Location: Lioness' Lair, USA
Posts: 2510
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
hehe welcome Lexx 75965 to the remnants of what is left of Lexx, I'd like to get it back also along with my virginity but sadly that's a no go..so we make do with what we have..right? right!! enjoy the DVD's and discussions!!

Lexx75965
Heretic


Joined: Fri Nov 14th, 2008
Location: Nacogdoches, Texas USA
Posts: 5
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
Thanks for the reply, lexx was a great show, and kie your right at least he died the way he wanted to. He was alive for that short time. Anyway I loved that show, it was great.

Lexx75965
Heretic


Joined: Fri Nov 14th, 2008
Location: Nacogdoches, Texas USA
Posts: 5
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
Your right, we can dream. love the show lexx. And thank you for the reply back.

mayaXXX
Divine Executioner


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Dark Zone, Naturally
Posts: 2469
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
 

Welcome to Lexxverse !

One good thing about the show ending was that it was on the directors terms and not on Scifi's terms or ratings declines. We didn't have to struggle with trying to see if loose ends would get tied up like on Firefly, and poor Joss Whedon, who certainly was much more in demand than Paul Donovan, had to make a film to do just that.

Lexx would never have gotten funding to make an ending film because it wasn't a US commercial project...So we're much better off in the long run. Plus most of the actors these days (and I'm being specific here) bear llittle resemblance to their old characters anymore...*wink*

 

Lexx75965
Heretic


Joined: Fri Nov 14th, 2008
Location: Nacogdoches, Texas USA
Posts: 5
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
Thats true, but one other thing I like to know. prince never died at the end. What was up with that. I would have thought they would have killed off prince. But they killed kie instead. But anyway thanks for the reply. And lexx was really a great show. To bad we won't see anymore lexx.

Ketana
Divine Assassin


Joined: Wed Oct 25th, 2006
Location: Lioness' Lair, USA
Posts: 2510
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
who is kie?

bunnyfan
Heretic


Joined: Tue May 6th, 2008
Location: On The Set Of Lexx Season 5
Posts: 115
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
mayaXXX wrote:  

Plus most of the actors these days (and I'm being specific here) bear llittle resemblance to their old characters anymore...*wink*

Are you refering to them being older?  Or something else?

mayaXXX
Divine Executioner


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Dark Zone, Naturally
Posts: 2469
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
Well check out the Megacon convention thread and judge for yourself..

:bounce_pinka:

bunnyfan
Heretic


Joined: Tue May 6th, 2008
Location: On The Set Of Lexx Season 5
Posts: 115
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
mayaXXX wrote: Well check out the Megacon convention thread and judge for yourself..

:bounce_pinka:

The Megacon 2007 Pictures?

MM receding hairline and gone white?  Well of course there is always die, or a wig.  He wore a wig on the show didn't he?

XS perhaps a tiny amount of weight? 

BD looks much the same...

mayaXXX
Divine Executioner


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Dark Zone, Naturally
Posts: 2469
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
:bounce_pinka::kai-red::re_11::ThTurkey:

Yes it's so gratifying to see Lexx fans hold the cast members in a perpetual state of youth...in spite of the fact that it's been over 5 years since the show ended, and the cast weren't spring chickens then either. Age has a way of creeping up on you even under makeup and wigs while onscreen.

It's really tough to think of pulling off a look you had over 10 years ago, ( when Lexx started) with even more glaring Hi-Def cameras and resolution. I think the show ended while the cast looked relatively unscathed by the experience and anyone thinking they could just step back into their old costumes and wigs or whatever,  and look exactly the same, is perhaps looking a little too much through rose-colored glasses. But hey, it's just MHO.

bunnyfan
Heretic


Joined: Tue May 6th, 2008
Location: On The Set Of Lexx Season 5
Posts: 115
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
:D  I know they wouldn't look exactly the same, but they still look GOOD.  And the show could be set another 10 - 10 000 years in the future...

Lexx75965
Heretic


Joined: Fri Nov 14th, 2008
Location: Nacogdoches, Texas USA
Posts: 5
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
The actors really are not that old even today, brian downey is what 56 or 58, not to bad really, and xena is only 36 she is only 2 years younger than I am. kie is only like 46 so really thats not to old for them to do more show. I am just saying it would be great to see these people in the show one more time. They are great actors and did a great job in the Lexx. And prince never died eather. So It would be great for them to do more shows of the Lexx.

Ketana
Divine Assassin


Joined: Wed Oct 25th, 2006
Location: Lioness' Lair, USA
Posts: 2510
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
Lexx75965 wrote:  kie

 

 

K A I  KAI  K A I  KAI

 

now do you think you can remember that? please? :kissmyass:

mayaXXX
Divine Executioner


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Dark Zone, Naturally
Posts: 2469
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
Well actually you're way off the mark on the cast member's ages....they're older than that by a sizable margin, not that there's anything wrong with that. :) Brian is over 60 and Xenia is over 40 now. 

 As for a movie or something, we've been around the block on this issue for about 5 years. Even though everyone says they'd love a new version of Lexx and want it to be commercially successful, that would completely ruin the legacy the show has left us with. The show deliberately did not appeal to the masses for a reason. It was a quirky little show, and it has a small cult following bordering on the fanatic, but the reality is, if it ever WAS made into a new show, it would bear little resemblance to the show we revere.

I don't know why we can't just be happy with what Paul Donovan did for us, by tying up the loose ends and finishing the show off with a bang (literally) the way he wanted it to end. So many other directors never get the permission to realize their visions with the people they wanted, and Paul D did just that. Let's be thankful for what we got out of Lexx...4 spectacular seasons, with all major cast members intact (except for Eva H) and no H'Wood rewrite bulllshit that made our guys 'jump the shark'..

I for one would hate to see this show spun off into a ton of boring, mindless drivel-driven advertising nightmares just to make a buck or two, like the Star Trek franchises were. It's a gem just the way it is...we can always explore the 'world' of Lexx in fiction or art, since that's a great part of its appeal.

 

 

KaiBlueStar
Heretic


Joined: Tue Nov 11th, 2008
Location: Oregon USA
Posts: 19
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
hear hear! right on Maya!

Snow_Nine
Heretic


Joined: Mon Sep 22nd, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 52
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
I agree, I can think of no worse fate for a series than to be run into the ground. Declining in quality and substance, dieing a protracted painful death like a cancer patient.

It's best to get while the gettin's good.

bunnyfan
Heretic


Joined: Tue May 6th, 2008
Location: On The Set Of Lexx Season 5
Posts: 115
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
a gifted writer is all that's needed

Angel
Divine Executioner


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Keeping Kool With Kai...
Posts: 11442
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
bunnyfan wrote: a gifted writer is all that's needed

I disagree, if it didn't have the beans writing it, it wouldn't be the same.  They were what made Lexx so outrageous and humorous.  Just as it wouldn't be the same without the actors who became those characters.

Snow_Nine
Heretic


Joined: Mon Sep 22nd, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 52
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
At the risk of sounding stupid (anyone else feel they take that risk alot?) why DO they call them the beans. I have never understood that.

Snow_Nine
Heretic


Joined: Mon Sep 22nd, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 52
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
Oh and btw Lexx75965, I would be careful pissing off Ketana lest you incur her wrath.

Ketana
Divine Assassin


Joined: Wed Oct 25th, 2006
Location: Lioness' Lair, USA
Posts: 2510
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
Snow_Nine wrote: At the risk of sounding stupid (anyone else feel they take that risk alot?) why DO they call them the beans. I have never understood that.
because originally they were called the supreme beings and through time it morphed into the 'beans' and that's what the fans ended up calling them...cute 'eh? 

Snow_Nine
Heretic


Joined: Mon Sep 22nd, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 52
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
Thank you, now I can use the term as well. I don't like using terms which I don't understand.:D

bunnyfan
Heretic


Joined: Tue May 6th, 2008
Location: On The Set Of Lexx Season 5
Posts: 115
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
What's Paul Donovan doing these days?  They could bring him back as the head writer. 

Long live LEXX :bounce_pinka:

KitMajere
Heretic


Joined: Tue Oct 7th, 2008
Location: West Virginia USA
Posts: 6
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
I have to agree that a revival of Lexx would...well suck. I mean, it was great while it lasted, but as with most good sci-fi shows, the longer it runs, the less fun there is to it. We had a great run, but I think we should just let it R.I.P and stick to making up our own continuations. I like the ones we come up with better lol.

X-Prince
Heretic


Joined: Thu Jan 1st, 2009
Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom
Posts: 39
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
I think the wonderful thing about Lexx is that death isn't final. Prince could easily return kai back to the land of the living or Kai could escape from the land of the dead (which I think doesn't exsist anymore since the Lexx destroyed Fire and Water)

I don't think Lexx will return but the possibility is still there. Once Little Lexx grows up he could quite easily surpass his mum/dad as the most destructive force in the two universes.

There is still plenty to write about, So maybe one day we will see the return of Lexx.

Time does travel in a circle after all.


bunnyfan
Heretic


Joined: Tue May 6th, 2008
Location: On The Set Of Lexx Season 5
Posts: 115
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
KitMajere wrote: I have to agree that a revival of Lexx would...well suck. I mean, it was great while it lasted, but as with most good sci-fi shows, the longer it runs, the less fun there is to it. We had a great run, but I think we should just let it R.I.P and stick to making up our own continuations. I like the ones we come up with better lol.
There is still the possibility for a couple more good seasons at least.  For me it peaked at season 3 and season 4 was better than season 2.

Angel
Divine Executioner


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Keeping Kool With Kai...
Posts: 11442
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
Hi X-Prince, welcome to lexxverse.

For me after the movies season 2 and 3 were the best. Season two they had adventures in different places, and in season 3 it came together more emotionally for them as the dysfunctional family that they were.

Doctor X
Heretic


Joined: Fri Jan 2nd, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 21
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
Good . . . someone else "necro'd" this.

Greetings--old Lexx fan.

The one "good" character, noble character, is Kai. Xev has moments of compassion, of course, and even Stan can find a bit of courage if really pushed, but it was Kai who was the one positive force.

And he was dead.

That, to me, was the appeal. I think it was a wise decision to not play Kai "for the yucks" with the stereotypical Spockian "I have emotions" drivel.

Once he died . . . that was it.

But, as other note, the creators ended it on their own terms. I think they were also wise not to clarify certain things--such as who, exactly, is "Prince?"

It allows people like us to discuss, argue, and imagine.

May His Merciful Shadow fall upon you. . . .

--J.D.

bunnyfan
Heretic


Joined: Tue May 6th, 2008
Location: On The Set Of Lexx Season 5
Posts: 115
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
But they ended it with so many questions about the future hanging.....

Doctor X
Heretic


Joined: Fri Jan 2nd, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 21
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
You can create your own future, in a way.

--J.D.

X-Prince
Heretic


Joined: Thu Jan 1st, 2009
Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom
Posts: 39
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
I have mixed feelings about the return of Lexx. On one hand I miss the show and loved the adventures I was taken on with the crew but on the other hand, Could there have been a more perfect ending to a show as epic as Lexx...

I think not.

I think we should be thankful Lexx ended the way it did and not end up in the same way as Farscape did.

Doctor X
Heretic


Joined: Fri Jan 2nd, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 21
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
Besides, how do you have Lexx without Kai? "Resurrect" him?

--J.D.

bunnyfan
Heretic


Joined: Tue May 6th, 2008
Location: On The Set Of Lexx Season 5
Posts: 115
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
Doctor X wrote: Besides, how do you have Lexx without Kai? "Resurrect" him?

--J.D.

Sounds right up Prince's alley...


Doctor X
Heretic


Joined: Fri Jan 2nd, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 21
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
Yeeeeeeaaaaaaah . . . but why would he do that?

--J.D.

Angel
Divine Executioner


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Keeping Kool With Kai...
Posts: 11442
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
To have a truly worth opponent? Kai beat him in The Game, so intellectually, Kai could keep up with Prince.

Aztech
Heretic
 

Joined: Sat Jan 31st, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 1
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
Future of the Lexx show is the animated series with the powerful storyline. Like last Star Wars Clone Wars, for example.
CG animated i mean.
Basic question is. Who buy the rights? =(
---------------------------------

Greetings from Ukraine,Odessa to the Lexx fans =D

Angel
Divine Executioner


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Keeping Kool With Kai...
Posts: 11442
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
Welcome to Lexxverse, Aztech. I don't know about the show as an animated series, it wouldn't really appeal to me.

Dragonflygurl
Heretic


Joined: Wed Oct 25th, 2006
Location: I'm Everywhere And No Where
Posts: 7298
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
Me neither. It was bad enough when the original Trek was animated, it would be even worse with Lexx.

I like to see my actors in the Flesh.

His divine Shadow
Heretic


Joined: Wed Dec 20th, 2006
Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Posts: 17
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
I think that would be a great idea to re-animate Lexx, so to speak.  They could do it along the same lines as the Heavy Metal Movies, with wanton death and destruction, sounds kind of cool to me.  You could put the setting in any of the seasons.  Personally though, I think that the first 2 seasons would provide the most action. 

Throw in some good effects and few sex slave scenes and a couple of run-ins with His Divine Shadow and the insect wars.  Hell, you could make a whole series or prequel about the Brunnen-G and the insect wars alone.  Voila!  It would be fantastic.

Be_You_
Heretic


Joined: Wed Feb 18th, 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay, California USA
Posts: 342
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
How about... "Son of Lexx"?
Stan and Xev are aged with some good-looking teenage offspring. (Xev still looks nice even though she's got grey hair.) And Kai? who knows what happens when a Higgs Bosun particle collapses? New Universe? Prince and Priest and Bunny are still out there...

geeteeage
Heretic


Joined: Wed Apr 8th, 2009
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Posts: 24
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
i miss that show so much

His divine Shadow
Heretic


Joined: Wed Dec 20th, 2006
Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Posts: 17
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
I've got all the series except for Season 4, trying to find it for a reasonable price.

MOK
Heretic


Joined: Thu Nov 9th, 2006
Location: San Antonio, Texas USA
Posts: 25
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
Angel wrote: To have a truly worth opponent? Kai beat him in The Game, so intellectually, Kai could keep up with Prince.

Kai only won in "the game" because prince got overconfident.  Strategically Kai's play in the game was flawed and he had a lost position.  Prince's mentality and core belief system cost him that one (Ref Grandmaster Jeremy Silman for the analysis).

Actually it is quite appropriate for the series as Prince's mentality is basically that of a bully.  Stand up to him and he self destructs.

Ketana
Divine Assassin


Joined: Wed Oct 25th, 2006
Location: Lioness' Lair, USA
Posts: 2510
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
MOK wrote: Angel wrote: To have a truly worth opponent? Kai beat him in The Game, so intellectually, Kai could keep up with Prince.

Kai only won in "the game" because prince got overconfident.  Strategically Kai's play in the game was flawed and he had a lost position.  Prince's mentality and core belief system cost him that one (Ref Grandmaster Jeremy Silman for the analysis).

Actually it is quite appropriate for the series as Prince's mentality is basically that of a bully.  Stand up to him and he self destructs.

wooohooo welcome back MOK!

MOK
Heretic


Joined: Thu Nov 9th, 2006
Location: San Antonio, Texas USA
Posts: 25
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
Nice to be back sugar....

Veronika
Heretic
 

Joined: Fri Oct 23rd, 2009
Location: Kiev, Ukraine
Posts: 4
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
Dear Lexx 75965
Do you know if Michael McManus married (the Kai) in his real life? If yes, with whom, when and how many children does he has? Please, answer me!

Wait from you!
Veronika.

Angel
Divine Executioner


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Keeping Kool With Kai...
Posts: 11442
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
He is divorced with one child, you don't need to post the question so many times.  There is a reason why we do not like to discuss the private lives of the actors, it is called respect and we honor that here.  Any questions regarding the character of Kai and everyone else, we will gladly answer you or anyone out there who asks but we do not see a reason why the fans need to know private matters that concern only the actor.  Please understand and respect this request.

 

Thank you. 

Melody
Heretic
 

Joined: Tue Sep 22nd, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 3
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
I have enjoyed this show immensely and Kai was definitely a favorite character; however, I was so glad for him in the end. I always felt that it was the worst of ironies that he should be injected with proto-blood and forced to live the "mockery of a life" as he put it, as it was the thing he fought so hard to educate his own people against. His true life that he gave so valiantly to fight for his people's very souls against the Divine Shadow was the truest example of bravery and beauty. Not allowing him to die in peace was a very difficult thing to watch after learning what he actually gave his life to accomplish. It was like the tragedy of watching Data of Star Trek spend his time seeking to be human instead of embracing his uniqueness as an android. I find it an odd arrogance to create these profound characters with seemingly unique dispositions and destinies only to trap them inside the small cage of a desire to be more "human" as though that were the highest accomplishment possible. I don't mean this disrespectfully. I suppose I just felt that these characters were beautiful in their own rights, and instead of building on what they were already, they walked the commonly trodden path to be what everyone around them was. Sorry to go on, its just that watching Kai attempt to live because he was following the instructions of those around him was a heartbreaking fate for the last true warrior of his kind. He was willing to die in a battle to preserve the true spirit of his people and I was immensely grateful when his spirit was finally able to rest in peace.

Ketana
Divine Assassin


Joined: Wed Oct 25th, 2006
Location: Lioness' Lair, USA
Posts: 2510
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
Melody wrote: I have enjoyed this show immensely and Kai was definitely a favorite character; however, I was so glad for him in the end. I always felt that it was the worst of ironies that he should be injected with proto-blood and forced to live the "mockery of a life" as he put it, as it was the thing he fought so hard to educate his own people against. His true life that he gave so valiantly to fight for his people's very souls against the Divine Shadow was the truest example of bravery and beauty. Not allowing him to die in peace was a very difficult thing to watch after learning what he actually gave his life to accomplish. It was like the tragedy of watching Data of Star Trek spend his time seeking to be human instead of embracing his uniqueness as an android. I find it an odd arrogance to create these profound characters with seemingly unique dispositions and destinies only to trap them inside the small cage of a desire to be more "human" as though that were the highest accomplishment possible. I don't mean this disrespectfully. I suppose I just felt that these characters were beautiful in their own rights, and instead of building on what they were already, they walked the commonly trodden path to be what everyone around them was. Sorry to go on, its just that watching Kai attempt to live because he was following the instructions of those around him was a heartbreaking fate for the last true warrior of his kind. He was willing to die in a battle to preserve the true spirit of his people and I was immensely grateful when his spirit was finally able to rest in peace.
 

Excellent point of view, very refreshing and I want to be one of the first to welcome you to LexxVerse..please enjoy the hospitality that we offer here and the beverages aren't so bad either! LOL..

Veronika
Heretic
 

Joined: Fri Oct 23rd, 2009
Location: Kiev, Ukraine
Posts: 4
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
Thank you a lot, Angel, for answering to me!!!
I understand now the deal.

I very like LEXX and all of it's heroes!

Angel
Divine Executioner


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Keeping Kool With Kai...
Posts: 11442
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
Ketana wrote: Melody wrote: I have enjoyed this show immensely and Kai was definitely a favorite character; however, I was so glad for him in the end. I always felt that it was the worst of ironies that he should be injected with proto-blood and forced to live the "mockery of a life" as he put it, as it was the thing he fought so hard to educate his own people against. His true life that he gave so valiantly to fight for his people's very souls against the Divine Shadow was the truest example of bravery and beauty. Not allowing him to die in peace was a very difficult thing to watch after learning what he actually gave his life to accomplish. It was like the tragedy of watching Data of Star Trek spend his time seeking to be human instead of embracing his uniqueness as an android. I find it an odd arrogance to create these profound characters with seemingly unique dispositions and destinies only to trap them inside the small cage of a desire to be more "human" as though that were the highest accomplishment possible. I don't mean this disrespectfully. I suppose I just felt that these characters were beautiful in their own rights, and instead of building on what they were already, they walked the commonly trodden path to be what everyone around them was. Sorry to go on, its just that watching Kai attempt to live because he was following the instructions of those around him was a heartbreaking fate for the last true warrior of his kind. He was willing to die in a battle to preserve the true spirit of his people and I was immensely grateful when his spirit was finally able to rest in peace.
 

Excellent point of view, very refreshing and I want to be one of the first to welcome you to LexxVerse..please enjoy the hospitality that we offer here and the beverages aren't so bad either! LOL..


It was sad when you look at it that way, sometimes he was even the comic relief.  But he came full circle in the end and was given the chance to finally be at peace.  Welcome to lexxverse.

BlakeDrapeta
Heretic


Joined: Thu Nov 5th, 2009
Location: Astral B, Ontario Canada
Posts: 37
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
I can see the show coming back. The problem with things as they are now is that they kind of... made Kai the lynchpin holding the whole show together (best tragic hero if there ever was one).

They CAN bring the show back, in my opinion. We just a new, awesome hero character who can fill the void. Maybe someone like Thoden? (since Kai and Thoden are the only 'good' characters you see in the series)

Hell, maybe it could even be Thoden (they've done weirder stuff).

Rather than aimlessly wandering wherever Stan feels like going, perhaps this prospective new hero/protagonist will actually possess a moral compass which he is willing to follow, and he could travel with Stan and Xev (and perhaps actually cause some positive things to happen in the dark universe?). Stan has somewhat matured since season one... so who knows, maybe he could even be given an ounce of backbone and go through some character development, while the new hero loves Xev but she won't put out since she's heart broken over Kai (in a serious, passively self-destructive sort of way). In this the new hero could feel like he's always in Kai's shadow.

After all, in the show Kai says that there are some good planets in the dark universe, but it seems that those which have mostly non-dysfunctional people are extremely rare.

I know... if I saw another protagonist in Kai's place, I would be thinking, "gtfo of Kai's role" too. The character could be designed so that he wouldn't be an intruder, but rather a homage to the kind of passionate heroism that was characteristic of the living Kai.

The only problem with this is that it would deviate from the shows trend... which is to stay as far away from the over-beaten dead horses and pretentiousness which plagues most sci-fi's you see on television these days. Its a dark, twisted parody which mocks humanity and society, without apology (which is what made it very awesome).

OR, you could ignore everything I just wrote, and the writers could come up with some crazy, amazing ideas. I keep hoping they'll bring Kai back, but that would kind of devalue his whole sacrifice at the end of the fourth season (not to mention ruin a near perfect ending to his character... as bloody depressing as it was).

The Lexx crew needs a damn renaissance.

Melody
Heretic
 

Joined: Tue Sep 22nd, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 3
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
I think this is the best argument for a renewal of the series I've seen yet. I wouldn't mind even taking it a step further and having a really bad guy in Kai's place that forces Stan into the moral role and Xev to face up to her feelings for Kai in a more objective way (i.e., falling for a guy who is completely out of reach). Either way, I think your idea is fantastic. Good call.

Ketana
Divine Assassin


Joined: Wed Oct 25th, 2006
Location: Lioness' Lair, USA
Posts: 2510
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
ya know..all this bring back Lexx reminds of Kai's story..he was brought back from the dead only to suffer through so called 'life'..zombie like and suffer he did!! no sex life, no laughter, no light..you really wanna do the same to our beloved Lexx show? I don't..let it rest in peace and let's enjoy what we had..there's that old saying..you can never go back home because it will never be the same..resurrection? I just don't know..can it be the same or better than our beloved Lexx? ask yourselves that question and then write all the Lexxfics you want. *tag you're it!*

jerhume
Heretic


Joined: Sat Oct 28th, 2006
Location: Lexxfan Attic
Posts: 323
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
These are wise words from our Lioness. A Lexx revival will have to be commercially motivated, which will lead to steely jawed righteous heroes, militaristic settings, optimism etc, which won't be Lexx.
Some remakes/revivals have been tolerable - and Dr Who was a triumph - but most are mediocre and lacklustre. Lexx is a baroque pearl and doesn't belong on a matched string.
And for myself, I have found that I have moved through all the stages of mourning for this odd little show that has affected us so deeply and emotionally.. and arrived at acceptance. That's why I'm not here so much, (miss you all)  because I think it wouldn't take much for the other part of me to start up again - death is never final on Lexx!/there could be a Little lexx spin off!/what happened to the Noah?/and, most seductively of all, backstories!
That, and the toad called work that squats on my life..


Good advice about the fic, Ketana, will get to work on my unfinished 3 stories....watch this space    :)

Ketana
Divine Assassin


Joined: Wed Oct 25th, 2006
Location: Lioness' Lair, USA
Posts: 2510
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
jerhume wrote: These are wise words from our Lioness. A Lexx revival will have to be commercially motivated, which will lead to steely jawed righteous heroes, militaristic settings, optimism etc, which won't be Lexx.
Some remakes/revivals have been tolerable - and Dr Who was a triumph - but most are mediocre and lacklustre. Lexx is a baroque pearl and doesn't belong on a matched string.
And for myself, I have found that I have moved through all the stages of mourning for this odd little show that has affected us so deeply and emotionally.. and arrived at acceptance. That's why I'm not here so much, (miss you all)  because I think it wouldn't take much for the other part of me to start up again - death is never final on Lexx!/there could be a Little lexx spin off!/what happened to the Noah?/and, most seductively of all, backstories!
That, and the toad called work that squats on my life..


Good advice about the fic, Ketana, will get to work on my unfinished 3 stories....watch this space    :)

Gracias mi Jerhume!and waiting with baited breath! NO CRACKS ANGELBREATH!!!

CheshireKat
Divine Assassin


Joined: Tue Oct 24th, 2006
Location: Colorado USA
Posts: 2920
Status:  Offline
Mana: 
I think the best we can hope for is syndication.



Black_metal theme exclusively by: WowBB Theme Mall
Powered by WowBB 1.7 - Copyright © 2003-2006 Aycan Gulez
SciFi Updates